Total Personal Training
Your Basket is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should receive an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Basket
|Posted on 26 April, 2012 at 11:26|
Follow these top 10 tips and you will start getting in control of your body:
1. Eat every 2-3 hours to prevent blood sugar dips
2. Drink 1.5-2 litres water per day to stay hydrated
* we often mistake thirst for hunger so drink before you eat
3. Go easy on the carbs, including certain fruits
Too many starchy carbs upset blood sugar so you need to control them. Keep to the following per meal:
* 1 slice wholemeal bread OR 1/2 cup brown rice OR 3 new potatoes OR 2 handfuls quinoa OR 1 large carrot OR handful wholemeal pasta.........OR 3 chips!
* Keep to just 2 portions of fruit per day but avoid pineapple, mango, grapes and bananas
4. Include protein with every meal as it slows down energy release from food and keeps blood sugar balanced. Buy the best quality meat and fish possible.
5. Avoid sugar
Excess sugar gets converted to FAT in the body and causes weight gain, hormone imbalances and fluctuations in the blood sugar.
6. Reduce stimulants (tea, ,coffee, alcohol)
7. Eat loads of non starchy veg and salad
* Broccoli, cabbage, kale, rocket tomatoes, peppers, cucumber, radishes, green beans - basically any veg with lots of colour!
8. Include Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs) for every cell in your body to work properly, including your brain
* Omega 6 - nuts and seeds
* Omega 3 - oily fish and flaxseeds
9. Avoid additives, preservatives and chemicals
* go organic if possible
* avoid artificial sweeteners as linked with mood swings and aspartame is know to stimulate appetite!
10. Exercise at least 3 times a week - more on that in another Blog!!
Try and keep to these rules and you will start to feel great after only a short while.